Storage Suggestions for Organic Groceries :
To ensure cleanliness and proper sanitation of each produce, our packing team cleans and inspects our organic produce regularly. Stringent quality checks are conducted to maintain a high quality of hygiene levels.
As we only grow and procure from organic farmers and artisans, we do not cater to hazardous chemical fertilizers and pesticides. We bring to you 100% organic food, therefore it needs proper management with utmost gentle care.
- Make sure you plan your purchases in order to store grocery items for no more than 1-2 months at a time.
- Kindly remove the organic produce from its original packaging on receipt of the delivery and store them in air tight container.
- Pack food in amounts that will be used in a recipe. Every time a package is re-opened, the food is exposed to air and moisture that lower the quality of the produce.
- Airtight containers are one of the best options to store all grains, cereals and spices. This allows them to be fresh for a longer duration and avoids pantry pests.
- Store our Cold-Pressed Oils and A2 Gir Cow Bilona Ghee in a dry cabinet away from sunlight.
Storage Suggestions for Organic Farm Fresh Fruits & Vegetables:
Organic Farm Fresh fruits and vegetables should be attended immediately on receipt of the delivery and stored in the right way to ensure freshness.
Storing them in the right way allows it to be safe for consumption.
Although most vegetables, herbs, and fruits should be immediately refrigerated, certain products are best stored at room temperature.
Items such as onions, potatoes, raw papaya - bananas and garlic should be stored in a cool place away from sunlight and moisture at room temperature.
Fruits such as melon, avocado, papaya, pineapple, mango should be stored on your counter and moved to the refrigerator when ripe.
You should refrigerate fresh fruits like apples, pomegranates,berries & kiwi.
Fruits such as sweet lime, bananas, and oranges can be kept outside. However, avoiding any direct contact with sunlight.
Leafy and fresh herbs, keep it in the fridge and allow enough space for air circulation while ensuring leaves do not get crushed.
Veggies should be wrapped in a damp paper towel or a muslin cloth and must be refrigerated immediately.